Eating Right for a Healthier Lifestyle
Ever feel confused with what to eat and what not to eat for healthier living?
Do you want to shed off the excess weight that you have gained that is paying you back with high cholesterol, hypertension and diabetes?
Let a Dietitian assist you!
Dietitians are allied health professionals specializing in Medical Nutrition Therapy to manage patients with various health conditions in order to optimize their health outcomes. Dietitian are trained to provide individualized meal plans, nutrition education and also practical advice in lifestyle modification. In addition to seeking advice from doctors, dietitian assist you to make right choices on food for a healthier lifestyle.
Who can consult us?
1. Adult patients with any of the following conditions:-
• Overweight and obesity
• Diabetes (Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Gestational Diabetes Mellitus)
• High cholesterol
• Kidney failure
• Liver failure
• GI disorders
• Neurological disorders
2. Pediatric patients with any of the following conditions:-
• Picky eating
• Small for age and failure to thrive
• Childhood obesity
3. Patients on tube feeding:
• Naso-gastric tube
• Oro-gastric tube
• Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) tube
• Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastro-Jejunostomy (PEG-J) tube
4. Healthy populations who have nutritional concerns.
And much more…
Our roles in Tung Shin Hospital
1. Ensure that the in-patients achieve sufficient amount of nutrition through specific calculations in order to speed up recovery phase.
2. Provide up-to-date dietary counseling and recommendations to in or out-patients for better disease control.
3. Conduct public health talks / health promotion activities to increase health awareness.
4. Liaise with hospital food providers to ensure that food served to the patients is of good quality and with nutritional value.